Hello Growing Club & CSA members!
Farmer Rishi is busy setting up the new (to us) walk-in cooler for the farm that he did not have a chance to write a farmer’s note this week.
Until next time,
(Please click each item below for a larger photo, description, and preparation instructions.)
– 2.5 lbs assorted stone fruit (plum, nectarine, apricot)
– green onion
– 1.5 lbs assorted stone fruit (plum, nectarine, apricot)
In case your greens are wilted by the time you pickup your box, please follow these instructions:
– Fill a small bowl or tub with 1 inch of water
– Cut a 1/2 inch of the bottoms of the stems of your leafy greens
– Place greens, with stems down, into the bowl of water
– Leave the greens in the bowl overnight and by morning they should be rehydrated
The best way to store your herbs so that they keep longer is to cut the stems a little and place them in a glass filled with about an inch of water. Cover the leaves loosely with a bag and keep them in the refrigerator. Replace the water inside when it gets cloudy. This works great with basil, mint, cilantro, parsley, and many other herbs.
Please feel free to share your recipes with us and also any storing tips you may have. 🙂